Bettie Cook Scott was a Democratic member of the Michigan House of Representatives, representing the 3rd District from 2005 to January 1, 2011. There she served on the Judiciary, Labor, and Regulatory Reform committees. Now she is moving forward with her long awaited return.
Representative Bettie Cook Scott earned a bachelor’s degree in education and sociology from Wayne State University and graduated from the School of Police Staff and Command at Northwestern University. She has a son, Alvin, and a stepdaughter, Jennifer.
Before her service in the Michigan House of Representatives, she was a Precinct delegate for over 10 years, Calumet Townhouses Community Board member.
- Former member of National Council of State Legislatures.
- Member, Detroit Association of Colored Women.
- Coalition of Labor Union Women.
- Member of the Retired Detroit Police Lieutenants and Sergeant Association.
- Soroptimist of Grosse Pointe.
- National Association for Advancement of Colored People.
- Masonic Order of the Eastern Star.
- Sergeant, Detroit Police Department, retired.
- Graduated, School of Police Staff and Command. Northwestern University.
- BA, Education/Sociology, Wayne State University.