I am dedicated to serving the people of Michigan’s Second State House District by working on the issues that effect you.
In my past service I took on the Driver’s Responsibility fee.
Upon being elected, I will make it a priority to:
- Sponsor Legislation to defend the Michigan Constitution, and restore the elected Detroit School Board.
- Sponsor auto insurance reform. Reforms will include putting an end to the use of credit scores in insurance pricing.
- Repeal Public Act 348 (“Right to Work” law), and restore collective bargaining rights.
- Sponsor a bill to raise the Michigan minimum wage, and call for pay equality for women.
- Co-Sponsor legislation to assist in Prison Re-Entry Funding for our returning citizens.
- Initiate appropriations that will support community groups who need assistance in public safety programs.
- Propose legislation to increase funding for public transportation.
- Reformed the Driver Responsibility Law.
- Sponsored Legislation to change high school drop-out age from 16 years to 18 years.
- Co-Sponsored legislation to provide equal pay for equal work.
- Co-Sponsored legislation for the Detroit Promise (which required two years of post-secondary education).